September 18-20 is the Hawkins-Walker campaign NYC weekend, with three socially distanced events you can participate in:
Friday, 9/18, 11 am March with Howie from Wall Street to City Hall and attend his press conference. Howie and dozens of community members rally at the Federal Hall National Memorial on Wall Street to demand billions of Stock Transfer Tax funds be used to bail out small businesses—not Wall Street—and pay for essential services like health care, education, and climate mitigation.
- Saturday, 9/19, 6 pm Howie Hawkins and Margaret Kimberley, journalist, author, and senior columnist of the Black Agenda Report, are special guests at a socially distanced, backyard campaign fundraiser. Labor rights organizer and vice presidential candidate Angela Walker also joins the event virtually. Hors d'oeuvres and beverages served. To receive information on how to attend the in-person event, please go to https://howiehawkins.us/make-a-donation/ and make a *suggested donation of $50 ($25 student/low income) and then forward your receipt to [email protected]
- The event will be livestreamed on the campaign website https://howiehawkins.us/ and Howie Hawkins You tube channel
- Sunday, 9/20, 1 pm Kick off Climate Week NYC by joining Howie and our Green Party contingent at the Climate Justice through Racial Justice march and rally. Starting at “Columbus Circle,” the event will make clear the intersection of climate and racial justice, with an emphasis on racial justice setting the tone for the week of actions.
- September 18, 2020 at 11:00am – September 21, 2020
- Starts on Wall Street - See description
Green Party of Brooklyn