Real solutions to the economic and ecological crisis can’t wait! The Green Party does not accept corporate money - we work for people and the planet, not Wall Street. If you are seeking experience in the political arena, this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor. The Green Party of New York is looking for interns to work with campuses, campaigns and county organizations, depending on your location (tele-commuting is also possible). We provide a friendly team and plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility and gain practical experience. Duties can include, but are not limited to:
participating in outreach efforts;
assisting with fundraising, event planning and communications;
assisting with database management;
staffing phonebanks alongside Green volunteers;
helping to maintain our media presence;
developing graphics and memes for our social media;
photography and videography skills strongly desirable;
- establishing campus organizations
Applicants should be motivated, computer savvy, and comfortable working independently.. Experience with social media, web design, graphics a plus. Activist experience and/or Green Party membership preferred. Applicants should be familiar with the Green Party key values. (see gp.org)
Hours and start date are flexible. This is an unpaid internship. For those unable to make the ongoing commitment required of interns, please contact us to volunteer!
To apply, please send resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com. In your letter of interest let us know:
- What specifically interests you about an internship with the Green Party?
- What political issues are currently most interested or concerned about?
- Do you have past paid or volunteer work and how it might be relevant to an internship with the Green Party?
- What strengths and skills would you bring to the internship?
- What weaknesses or shortcomings would you bring to the work?
- Are there particular aspects of political organizing work which you would like to focus on or become familiar with, such as outreach, voter registration, fundraising, organizing demonstrations, publishing, organizing educational programs, fundraising, public speaking, social media, graphic design…?