The Green Party of New York will adopt a new platform at our State Committee meeting on May 11, 2019 and the GPNY Platform Committee needs your help to create it!
We are inviting all registered Greens in New York State, and GPNY Supporting Members not legally allowed to register, to contribute proposed planks and amendments to the draft platform revision on the topics you know and care about most. This is a great opportunity for you to help sharpen our message with a statement that speaks to the issues that concern you. We also encourage Green Party locals and affiliated counties to discuss and submit their ideas for the new platform. The current platform can be viewed and downloaded at www.gpny.org/our_platform.
To facilitate our discussions, GPNY is using an online message board where users can submit and discuss platform ideas. To participate, please fill out the enrollment verification form. Upon verification of your enrollment (or eligibility to participate as a Supporting Member), we'll send you the forum registration link.
Allies who are not Green Party members who have ideas to share may email firstname.lastname@example.org or find a registered Green to sponsor and submit their idea.
We will be holding a Facebook Live session to provide training on the forum on Tuesday, February 12 at 8:30 pm. Please RSVP here! If you’re unable to make the training or use the forum, you can submit your proposed plank in an email to email@example.com and we’ll add it to the forum on your behalf.
In order to receive input from Greens before the May 11th meeting, a tight timeline of milestones has been established. We encourage you to get your proposals in as early in the process as possible. The 2019 Platform Revision Timeline is as follows:
- Contribute plank ideas and comment on existing ones using via the forum: Right Now!
- Facebook Live Forum Training: Tuesday, February 12 at 8:30 pm. RSVP here.
- First Deadline for Submission of Planks: March 9
- First Draft Revision Circulates: March 14
- Facebook Live Town Hall to Discuss First Draft Revision: Week of March 10
- Suggested Timeframe for Affiliated Counties and Green Locals to Discuss Platform: Weeks of March 17, 24
- Deadline for Feedback on First Draft: March 30
- Second Draft Revision Circulates: April 6
- Deadline for Feedback on Second Draft: April 20
- Final Draft Revision Circulates: May 4
- Seek Approval at 2019 State Committee Meeting: May 11
The GPNY Platform Committee looks forward to working with you to ensure a smooth and efficient platform revision process! Stay tuned for additional announcements.