The Green Party of New York will adopt a new platform at our State Committee meeting on May 11 and the GPNY Platform Committee needs your help to create it!
We are inviting all registered Greens in New York State, and GPNY Supporting Members not legally allowed to register, to contribute proposed planks and amendments to the draft platform revision on the topics you know and care about most. This is a great opportunity for you to help sharpen our message with a statement that speaks to the issues that concern you. We also encourage Green Party locals and affiliated counties to discuss and submit their ideas for the new platform. The current platform can be viewed and downloaded at www.gpny.org/our_platform.
Participate in the GPNY Platform Discussion Forum: To facilitate our discussions, GPNY will be using an online message board where users can submit and discuss platform ideas. Just go to http://gpnyplatform.freeforums.net/ to register. Please incorporate some aspect of your name in your username. You’ll receive an account activation email back and then a forum moderator will approve your registration. If you are not known to the moderator team, you may be asked to fill out an enrollment verification form. Once the registration process is complete, you can log in at http://gpnyplatform.freeforums.net/, set up your profile and notification preferences, review the instructions, and start entering your planks and commenting on existing ones!
Allies who are not members or the Green Party who have ideas to share may email firstname.lastname@example.org or find a registered Green to sponsor and submit their idea.
Platform Revision Timeline: In order to receive input from Greens before the May 11th meeting, a tight timeline of milestones has been established. We encourage you to get your proposals in as early in the process as possible. The 2019 Platform Revision Timeline is as follows:
- Current GPNY Platform that we are revising
- Facebook Live Forum Training: February 12. Watch the training video.
- First Deadline for Submission of Planks: March 9
- First Draft Revision Circulates: March 14.
- Facebook Live Town Hall to Discuss First Draft Revision: March 14. Watch the town hall video.
- Suggested Timeframe for Affiliated Counties and Green Locals to Discuss Platform: Weeks of March 17, 24
- Deadline for Feedback on First Draft: March 30
- Second Draft Revision Circulates: April 14
- Deadline for Feedback on Second Draft: April 30 (Last Call for Comments Before May 11 SC Meeting)
- Final Draft Revision Circulates: May 5
- Seek Approval at 2019 State Committee Meeting: May 11
We look forward to working with you to ensure a smooth and efficient platform revision process! Stay tuned for additional announcements.